There are a lot of concerns regarding the safety of coming to the gym during the COVID-19 pandemic. We want to assure you that we are doing everything in our power to keep the gym as clean as possible, keep the kids 6 feet apart, and keep exposure as low as possible. Obviously, nothing can be guaranteed and exposure is a possibility any time you leave the house. We have sat down and gone through, line by line, the recommendations from the CDC, USA Gymnastics, and the State of Connecticut. Without going into TOO many boring details, our new COVID-19 Specific Policies and Procedures are as follows:
Entering the gym.
1. Everyone ages 2+ entering the gym must have a mask on. Without a mask, entry will be denied. The gym will not supply masks.
2. Everyone entering the gym will have their temperature checked with our No Touch Thermometer. Those with a temperature above 100*F will not be allowed inside the gym.
3. Everyone entering the gym will need to use Hand Sanitizer prior to entering. You are welcome to use your own bottle of hand sanitizer.
4. Shoes will only be allowed on the grey carpet in the viewing area. Team athletes will have to take their shoes off before heading to the Team floor.
1. The official requirement from the State of CT is that we stay at "25% building capacity or 25 people per area, whichever is lower." We are currently maxing our capacity at 25 bodies within the gym at any given time.
2. Class sizes have been decreased. Preschool (Topaz and Pearl) will have a maximum of 4 students, while School Age (Teal, Jade, Ruby, Amethyst and Sapphire) and Ninja will have a maximum of 6 students.
3. Team practices have been distrubted so that there are no more than 16 athletes (two groups of 8) in the gym at a time.
1. Clean hands are our best defense! All participants will be asked to wash or sanitize their hands prior to class or practice starting. Coaches will be washing or sanitizing their hands prior to their first class as well as between each class.
2. Our equipment will be cleaned between groups of participants.
3. High Touch Areas, such as door knobs, will be cleaned every 30 minutes.
4. The entire gym will be cleaned and disinfected at the end of each night.
5. Cleaning logs (all 16 of them!) are to be timestamped and initialed by the coach that has completed that list. These lists are available for parents to view if requested.
6. The White Trampoline and Pit are temporarily closed. They are extremely difficult to clean and disinfect.
1. Staff will be wearing a mask at all times while inside the building.
2. Visitors ages 2+ must wear a mask at all times while inside the building.
3. Students and athletes ages 2+ must wear a mask while entering, exiting, and using the bathroom. They may take their mask off during participation.
1. As mentioned above, we have decreased our class sizes to help promote Social Distancing.
2. All stations will be a minimum of 6 feet apart.
3. The viewing area now has chairs that are 6 feet apart. Viewing area is now extremely limited. Please try to limit viewers to 1 adult per child.
4. While inside, you will see the floor is marked with X's everywhere. Each one is a minimum of 6 feet from the next.
5. If a student is having trouble with social distancing or staying at their station, they may be asked to sit or a parent may be asked to participate and help them. We cannot stress enough how important this is for the health and safety of everyone coming through our doors.
6. Coaches will not be spotting (assisting) students and athletes at this time.
7. Coaches will not be giving hugs, high fives, fist bumps, etc. during this time.
1. Anyone with symptoms of illness will not be allowed in the gym.
2. Anyone with a house-hold member that is sick will not be allowed in the gym.
3. Anyone who has had contact, or lives with someone who has had contact, with a positive COVID-19 will not be allowed in the gym for 2 weeks. Please let us know as soon as possible, including date of contact if known, so that we can follow contact tracing protocols.
4. Anyone with a temperature above 100*F will not be allowed in the gym.
5. Staff will be signing a sheet before each shift confirming they have no symptoms, and have not come in contact with anyone who has tested positive for COVID-19.
6. The State of CT has mandated that anyone coming from a high risk state must self-isolate for 2 weeks. This includes coming to the gym. If you can provide a Negative COVID Test Result, participation may continue.
1. (From www.ct.gov/coronavirus) "Effective 11:59 p.m. on Wednesday, June 24, 2020, anyone traveling into Connecticut, New York, or New Jersey from a state that has a new daily positive test rate higher than 10 per 100,000 residents or a state with a 10% or higher positivity rate over a 7-day rolling average are directed to self-quarantine for a 14-day period from the time of last contact within the identified state.
As of July 28, there are 36 states that meet the criteria: Alaska, Alabama, Arkansas, Arizona, California, Delaware, Florida, Georgia, Iowa, Idaho, Illinois, Indiana, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisana, Maryland, Minnesota, Missouri, Mississippi, Montana, North Carolina, North Dakota, Nebraska, New Mexico, Nevada, Ohio, Oklahoma, Puerto Rico, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Virginia, Washington, Washington D.C., and Wisconsin."
This list will be updated as new information becomes available. If a negative test result can be provided after 5-7 days of departure from one of the above states, the remaining self-isolation may be lifted, students and families may return to the gym.
1. All participants must have their own water bottle. Our fountains will be closed for drinking out of, and may only be used to refill bottles.
2. There will be no make ups for missed classes during our Summer Session.
3. Students and athletes may wear clean socks, when safe to do so, to help decrease the amount of contact with dried cleaning chemicals on our equipment. We know this can be irritating for those with sensitive skin.
4. For anyone who is at High Risk, or lives with someone at High Risk, participation is not recommended at this time. However, this is a family decision.
5. If you believe that the coaches at Air Time Gymnastics are in violation of any CDC or CT State policies regarding safely operating during the COVID-19 pandemic, please email firstname.lastname@example.org immediately, or bring your concerns to Coach Rachel or Coach Stephanie. You may also, without fear of retaliation, call 211 and report us to CT Officials.
We hope with all of our policies and procedures in place, you will feel comfortable in bringing your children into our gym to participate. In these uncertain times, it is unclear how long we will have to function with these strict protocols. We will ease up on our restrictions as we are allowed to by the State of CT, if deemed reasonable and responsible.